Have you received your 2011 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report?
We are pleased to provide you with this year’s Report.
What’s wrong with the first two lines above? I’ll tell you what’s wrong it’s July 2012 and the report is pleased to provide us with this year’s 2011 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report. Old information!
The report goes on to say that in 2011 the Florida Department of Environmental Protection performed a source water assessment to uncover potential sources of contamination in the vicinity of their wells. There were 14 potential sources identified that could effect water quality.
Disinfectants and Disinfection By-Products that effect water:
* Chlorine – The U.S. Department of Treasury called for all water to be disinfected with chlorine by 1918 to improve water. Chlorine is an important chemical for water purification. Chlorine is usually used to kill bacteria and other microbes in drinking water supplies, thus improving water, however at the same time chlorine is a toxic gas that irritates the respiratory system. When used for water disinfection, the reaction of chlorine with other materials present in the water may generate disinfection by-products that can damage human health through water.
* Haloacetic acids (HAAs) – a common undesirable by-product of drinking water chlorination. Exposure to such disinfection by-products in drinking water has been associated with a number of health outcomes by epidemiological studies. HAAs can be formed by chlorination, ozonation, or chlroamination of water with formation promoted by slightly acidic water, high organic matter content and elevated temperature. Chlorine from the water disinfection process can react with organic matter and small amounts of bromide present in the water to produce various HAAs. Total levels of HAAs in drinking water are not affected by storage or boiling, but the good news is filtration is effective in decreasing levels.
Call Now Deltona, Orange City, Deland, and DeBary we can improve your Drinking Water Quality 386-774-8080
- How much should my plumbing repairs cost - July 6, 2016
- Price vs. Quality - September 3, 2015
- Why can’t I flush my wipes? - April 2, 2015